Harley-Davidson Successfully Completes The Rewire and Announces Date to Reveal New 2021-2025 Strategic Plan, The Hardwire
“I am confident the substantial changes we made with The Rewire have set us up to successfully execute our strategic plan. We are now a leaner, more aligned organization, and we are making decisions faster,” said
As a result of The Rewire, the company:
- Reduced complexity and increased speed with a new operating model and organizational structure across every function to provide simplicity, agility and efficiency
- Reset its global business, resourcing and prioritizing the markets with the highest potential
- Expanded its business focus beyond motorcycles, with a strong commitment to newly established business units for Parts & Accessories and General Merchandise
- Streamlined its product portfolio and rebuilt its go-to-market efforts for maximum impact
- Enhanced and protected the value and desirability of its products by changing the approach to supply and inventory management with a focus on a powerful and profitable dealer network
- Executed Rewire actions expected to deliver ongoing gross cash savings of approximately
$115 millionstarting in 2021
Harley-Davidson will now execute The
The public is invited to attend an audio webcast on
Webcast participants should log-on and register at least 10 minutes prior to the start time and can access the slide presentation here: http://investor.harley-davidson.com/news-and-events/events-and-presentations. A replay of the audio webcast will be available approximately two hours after the call concludes.
Additional Upcoming Key Dates
January 19, 2021– Harley-Davidson will announce new 2021 motorcycles, parts and accessories, riding gear and apparel at its first virtual launch experience - H-D 21. To take part in the virtual launch, register now at www.H-D.com/21. February 22, 2021- Harley-Davidson will reveal its all-new Pan America™ 1250 adventure touring motorcycle with a global digital event. Stay informed at www.H-D.com/PanAmerica.
Cautionary Note Regarding Forward-Looking Statements
The company intends that certain matters discussed in this press release are “forward-looking statements” intended to qualify for the safe harbor from liability established by the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These forward-looking statements can generally be identified as such by reference to this footnote or because the context of the statement will include words such as the company “believes,” “anticipates,” “expects,” “plans,” “may,” “will,” “estimates” or words of similar meaning. Similarly, statements that describe or refer to future expectations, future plans, strategies, objectives, outlooks, targets, guidance, commitments or goals are also forward-looking statements. Such forward-looking statements are subject to certain risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially, unfavorably or favorably, from those anticipated as of the date of this release. The risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to materially differ from these statements include, among others, the Company's ability to realize the expected benefits from the company’s restructuring activities and the timing of those benefits and the COVID-19 pandemic, including the length and severity of the pandemic across the globe and the pace of recovery following the pandemic, as well as matters noted by the company in its filings with the
Source: Harley-Davidson, Inc.